My New Babies And Their Home!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Slimgimli_*

Guest_Slimgimli_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Just thought I would ask advice before I go and collect my babies! Is there anything that needs changing? Should I put anything on the floor in the hide??
Any comments gratefully received.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And a couple of my babies ......more to follow when I get them!! Sorry they are a bit blurry , were taken on a phone camera I think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Suzi

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi Suzi
Your table looks fab :) I would put some top soil In their hide too as they do like to dig down to sleep although you might find they dont use it much, mine rearly did.
They look gorgeous bet you can't wait to get them :D When do you pick them up? How old are they? x

#3 Guest_MrsG_*

Guest_MrsG_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

Looks great :) My table had a lid at one end like that and I ended up taking it off as Shelby never went in there! She uses it much more now she can see! She has a log bridge which she sleeps under dug into the soil! Or sometimes she just sleeps in the corner at a 45degree angle!!! haha! Good luck with your hatchlings :) x

#4 Guest_Slimgimli_*

Guest_Slimgimli_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Did wonder about the hide bit , but I think it can easily be taken out if they don't go in it! The stones are I think called pea gravel size. Do you think they will be ok with them or should I put bigger ones in? The tortoises are nearly a year old and fingers crossed I'm picking them up tomorrow night!!!!

Suzi

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hi Suzi,
Your table looks really great. So well constructed and extremely neat too. Best of luck with your new torts! You must be so excited. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_tiggy_*

Guest_tiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

hi suzi, your table looks great, i would see how they go with the pea gravel if you dont like it when you get them you can change it. your babies look lovely.... more pics soon please, i love tort photos....tiggy :LOL:

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hi Suzi,

Your babies look gorgeous! :wub:
Sooo exciting getting new additions.
Your table looks great, I like putting stones around the water bowl I think it helps keep SOME of the soil out of the bowl. :D
I agree with what everyone has said about the pea shingle, it will depend on the size, and I would also put some soil into the box area to dig down into.
The only thing you will need to watch is that they dont climb on the piece of wood and end up on their backs under the heat bulb. Is it a combination bulb?
Let us know how they settle in! :)

Paula x

#8 Guest_PennyTort_*

Guest_PennyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Cool setup - I am sure they will love it.

Pennytort X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users