Preparing Ready!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

:( Boxes washed, scrubbed and drying in the sun. Bags of paper shredded.

Got a heavy heart, I hate this time of year. :huh:

Oh well it must be done!!!!

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Ooooh Kay, you're right, tis nearly upon us!! :(
My new guys have all slowed down, nobody is eating very much and despite todays beautiful weather I still had to dig 3 up after work.
They are in their quarantine home so can't go very far but today I found Nellie (the fulump) underneath the root ball of a carex grass. She looks so cross at having been dug out each night. :)
I am hoping that they eat for a bit longer and don't wind down too early. I am keeping the night time temps up, providing daytime heating and UV but they are not convinced!

Paula x

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Hi All,
Yes it looks like the big 'H' has finally arrived. Billiejo hasn't eaten for 2 weeks now and it looks like wind-down has well and truly begun for her. She shuts down at the same time every year. This will be her 30th hibernation and as always it is a nerve wracking experience. Tomorrow I will prepare her hibernation box. When she has become totally inactive for more than 5 days I will finally place her in her hibernation box. I always worry about her. It never changes. Fingers crossed for another successful hibernation. Best of luck everybody!
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users