Bubble Is Very Unsetled

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hi gang, I am getting a little concerned now... Bubble has been very unsettled for the last two days now. Last night she was pacing and scuffling about until after 10pm. I have got her in a bath at the moment and she is still scrabbling about. When she did this earlier I took her out but once on the floor began rocking like she wanted a poo. I have noticed there are, what looks like honey combed pieces of paper in the water now, and thinking about it there was a tiny piece of something similar yesterday. Help would be appreciated as her restlessness is beginning to upset me... Hugs x x x and tight squeezes x x

#2 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

On closer examination and in less of a panic I think the honeycombed stuff is probably loose skin she has rubbed off in the water x x x hugs x x

#3 Guest_Sam-S_*

Guest_Sam-S_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Has she been around a male tortoise?

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Fraid so.... Her life long buddy who came with her when we re homed them x x hugs x x

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi Stellanne,
Sounds like Bubble could be gravid. I wouldn't plan on hibernating her just yet. You will need to provide her with a nesting box containing moist topsoil and a heat lamp. You will also need to get an incubator.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#6 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

it dose sound like she might want to lay.it would be a good idea to weigh her now.so if u miss her laying you will know she has.i pour hot water over the site and press the soil so its really hard.it can be quite hard to find them somtimes.last week i knew one of mine layed but still could not find them!!bloody broke one in the end!!!

bruce

#7 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

I thought as much but wasn't sure. Will sort the box tomorrow. Where is the best place to get an incubator from. David has looked on the net and we have the stuff to make one. X x x hugs x x x

#8 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

i wouldnt bother with the nest box as long as your soil is deep enough and she is in their on her own.all my torts lay in the table.soon as i notice her digging i move the rest oot so she can do her thing in peace

i use a hovabator.they are not bad.try e bay there are loads on their

bruce

#9 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

That can all be sorted.... Thanks Bruce x x x hugs x x

#10 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

any luck with her?

#11 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

No not yet.... She seems to have settled down... Not pacing and climbing or rocking as much.... X x x hugs x x

#12 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

u sure she has not layed?did you weigh her?

#13 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hello
sounds like what i'm going through with humpty,make sure you weight her as i was so pleased i had weighted humpty last month before she lay as the next day she was acting normal so i weighed her and it told me that she had laid so i had a mooch in her home and she had laid during the evening.
Jayne

#14 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

I did weigh her last Saturday and she is the same weight now. I have had a good look around and couldn't see anything. However, after saying she had settled down she is pacing again and lifting her back end right up in the air. X x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users