Hibernation time!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hi All,
Billiejo has just completed wind-down so I will be placing her in her hibernation box today. Things are a little different for her this year . I'll be putting her in a well sheltered garage. Here's hoping for another successful hibernation. This will be Billiejo's 30th in all. How time flies. Best of luck to everyone who may be hibernating their torts at this time! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Awww Freddy... You're going to miss Billie Jo!!
Fingers crossed that everything goes well for her during her 'big sleep'. :wub:
Roll on Spring!! :D

I have still yet to measure up the inside of my fridge this year... I think I may have to go for made to measure shelf trays this year rather than the generous spaces my guys had last year.... There are a few more to get in this winter!!

Paula x

#3 Guest_robertsutton1978_*

Guest_robertsutton1978_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hi Freddy
Hope Billiejo's hibernation goes well.
How long are you hibernating for ?
Regards
Robert

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Awww Freddy... You're going to miss Billie Jo!!
Fingers crossed that everything goes well for her during her 'big sleep'. :wub:
Roll on Spring!! :D

I have still yet to measure up the inside of my fridge this year... I think I may have to go for made to measure shelf trays this year rather than the generous spaces my guys had last year.... There are a few more to get in this winter!!

Paula x

Thanks so much for your kind comments Paula. I have to say I miss my little lady already. :wub: Best of luck with all your gang. You certainly have a big group to hibernate this year. Take care. :)
Kind Regards

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi Freddy
Hope Billiejo's hibernation goes well.
How long are you hibernating for ?
Regards
Robert

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind wishes for Billiejo. I will be hibernating her for 20 weeks this year, the maximum allowed for an adult tortoise. Hope Bertie is keeping well. Best of luck also with his hibernation. ;) Thanks again Robert! :)
Kind Regards

#6 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Gosh Freddy such a long time without billijo.. But I think to my tort Amelia who dug herself into soil about now and surfaced in march. Outside and natural....? Am I wrong to think that if we can provide the right situation hibernation is not so tricky cos the torts get on with it x x hugs x x

#7 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Am I wrong to think that if we can provide the right situation hibernation is not so tricky cos the torts get on with it x x hugs x x

That is right Stellanne. This has been my experience with Billiejo over the past 30 years anyway. Hope everything runs smoothly for you. Best of luck with your torts. ;)
Kind Regards

#8 Guest_PennyTort_*

Guest_PennyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Ahhh Freddy I expect it will be a really long 20 weeks. Night night Billyjo!

Pennytort xx

#9 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Ahhh Freddy I expect it will be a really long 20 weeks. Night night Billyjo!

Pennytort xx

Hi Pennytort,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Hope all's well with Jigsaw and Puzzle?
Take care. ;)
Kind Regards

#10 Guest_PennyTort_*

Guest_PennyTort_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hi Pennytort,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Hope all's well with Jigsaw and Puzzle?
Take care. :)
Kind Regards

Hi Freddy

Both Puzzle and Jigsaw are ok. Jigsaw has put a little weight on, but they will not be having a long nap on advice of the vet. They were both wormed a second time - its so scary seeing that tube going down their throat, but I must say the vet was very gentle.

Pennytort X

#11 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hi Freddy

Both Puzzle and Jigsaw are ok. Jigsaw has put a little weight on, but they will not be having a long nap on advice of the vet. They were both wormed a second time - its so scary seeing that tube going down their throat, but I must say the vet was very gentle.

Pennytort X

Hi Pennytort,
It must have been quite traumatic for your torts to have a tube put down their throats. Poor little things. Thankfully the Vet was gentle with them. They deserve plenty of pampering and TLC now that's for sure. Hopefully the wormer works and they start to thrive. It must be such a worry for you but at least hibernation will be one less thing to worry about. Take care Pennytort and thanks again for your kind wishes.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users