Bubble Has Laid An Egg!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Well guys that says it all.... After a couple of weeks of strange behaviour this morning she was in the process of egg laying. Tonight when I have got home from work there is the egg.... Just the one!! The incubator is running.... Only got it on thursday!! And I have placed it on sone vermiculite in a tub. Then just put it in the incubator. The temp says 30degrees.is that right what I gave done so far. And now what?? X x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hey that's great news! :D

I'm sorry but I can't comment on your egg... I haven't had one yet. :lol: But just wanted to say 'YAY' and tell you that I shall be watching this space for news!

Is this Bubble's first egg?

Paula x

#3 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Her first for me. I understand she has laid some before... But the previous owner chose not to incubate. She is much calmer tonight than she has been for weeks x x x feeling proud of her... X x. Hugs x x

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

And so you should be! :D Bless her, she's done her torty thing!! :lol:

It must be a relief to see her settle at last. And now you can relax too... for a while!

Paula x

#5 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Tonight is lovely... Bubble is still!!!! And has had a good feed. X x x hugs x x

#6 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Many congratulations Stellanne and well done Bubble. You must be so proud. Best of luck with the egg! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#7 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Fab news! There might still be more eggcitement to come (sorry!). Seriously, she might have more to lay so keep a close eye on mummy.

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

congratulations,keeping fingers crossed for you
Jayne

#9 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

thats great.wot kind of hermanns have you got?hercs only lay up to 2 or 3 eggs at a time,and sometimes again a few weeks later.if it is hercs i would not let the incubator go much higher than wot u have it at.as the eggs are so small

good luck

bruce

#10 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hi Bruce... All mine are testudo hermanni... It says on the certificate .... And the egg seems HUGE. I must admit I expected a much smaller egg, don't know why cept I just thought there would be so little space inside her shell. X x x hugs x x

#11 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Amendment to previous text... Guess she will be a boegetti cos it says slovinia on her papers.... I am not very sure am I.... Rubbish in fact x x hugs x x

#12 Guest_tortoise lady_*

Guest_tortoise lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

hi stellanne you could post some pics of your torts and bruce could tell you what sub of hermann you have that might help,congrats on the egg by the way :)

#13 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

I shall do that... Great idea...I have looked on the Internet and to be fair I can see differences between the two, but then it says the markings can differ.... What is the point of that for us ametures... We are very proud of bubble and our egg!! X x x hugs x x

#14 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

hope its fertile for you.
sum good clear pics of the underneath and ill give it a shot!!sum are easyer to tell than others.
i have not herd of a boettgri only laying one egg

bruce

#15 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Maybe she is a rebel then ( without a cause....) to lay one egg... Sifted soil all over and didnt find anything. have taken photos of her personal underside and top and will post tomorrow. Also the other three to give you a test and points out of ten x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users