Have I Got A Male And Female?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Debby4_*

Guest_Debby4_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:31 AM

we bought our second tortoise at the weekend and both are hermans, according to the certificates both were hatched in June 2009 but Rex (who weve had for a year) weighs 100g (he has lived in a tortoise table) Ronnie (our new tort) weighs 240g (he has lived in a viv) ronnie seems to have a much longer tail as it drags behind him alot of the time but as rex is considerably smaller i wonder if we have the same sex torts, also Im now wondering if Rex is a dwarf herman dont know how to post pics:(

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hello
try click on start new topic,select title,further down click on browse which will open up your files,select picture then attach file to post then click on new topic,sometimes if pictures are too large you can go to photosize.com which is free and it will change the pixels down,i have had to do this occasionally and it works well,or you can go through photobucket,best of luck.
Jayne
looking forward to seeing pictures,it took me a while to get the hang of it.

#3 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi Debby, they do vary a great deal in size. Some are born big and seem to be more hungry and dominant than others. Growth rates do vary with individuals, and over and above that the rate of growth will depend on nutrition and temperature. The males are in general smaller than the females. Its not all that likely that you have a 'dwarf hermann' or hermanni hermanni tortoise but if you did post some pics I think we could sort that out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users