Plzzzzzzzzz Helpp !

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_merna_*

Guest_merna_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

hi, i'm new in this forum & i'm new in this whole tortoise thing ...i've had my tortoise for just 5 days ...but since i brought her she didnot eat & sleeping most of the time , can she does that because she wants to hibernate ...if yes, how sould i do that? ..if not, what makes her sleep that much & not eating at all?? ...

#2 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

your tortoise is fairly new to you and will need time to settle in.
if i were you i would not be thinking aboot hibernation.i would let it settle down get to know your tort then next year look at it again.
was he bought from a pet shop?if so thers a gd chance its full of worms.

bruce

ps welcome to the forum

#3 Guest_merna_*

Guest_merna_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

your tortoise is fairly new to you and will need time to settle in.
if i were you i would not be thinking aboot hibernation.i would let it settle down get to know your tort then next year look at it again.
was he bought from a pet shop?if so thers a gd chance its full of worms.

bruce

ps welcome to the forum

thnxxx alot i think i'll do that .......... & yes it's from a pet shop that's y i'm taking it to the vet. very soon ....thanks again :)

#4 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi Merna what temperature are you providing for your lttle one? They need plenty of heat and light, but too much heat can make them hide away. As Bruce says, they cand take time to settle after a big change too. Keep us posted.

#5 Guest_merna_*

Guest_merna_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hi Merna what temperature are you providing for your lttle one? They need plenty of heat and light, but too much heat can make them hide away. As Bruce says, they cand take time to settle after a big change too. Keep us posted.

actually i live in egypt so it's between 20 & 24 .....is that siutable temp. ??

#6 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Hi Merna,
Welcome to the forum. I think your vet would be in the best position to advise you. Please let us know how you get on. Take care. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#7 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum
It can take a while for your tort to settle in to his new home,like Bruce says i would not think of hibernation this year,get to know your tort,what kind of set up do you have for your tort,lights heating etc,more information will let everyone know how to help you.
Jayne

#8 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi Merna,

Welcome to the forum. :D

What type of tortoise is she? Some types do not hibernate at all. If you were able to post a picture someone might be able to help identify her.

Paula x

#9 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi Merna. If you got hyour tortoise in Egypt then it is most likely not a hermann. We would need to know what kind it is to give you the right advice. Can you post a photo of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users