- - - - -

Pre Alpin Foods

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_19Kel71_*

Guest_19Kel71_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Here's a great product for anyone who is overwintering their tortoise. It's great for ensuring they get the correct amount of fibre into their diet when weeds are thin on the ground and we have to resort to using less suitable Mediterranean salad mixes.

Just go to her online shop to order.... http://www.tortoisel...co.uk/page7.htm

You can feed it sprinked died over their weeds (which my tortoise seems to prefer) or soaked with water. Norman gave me the filthiest look ever when I dared offer it to him wet. He turned his back on me and stomped off to hide every time I entered his room, only to come out again after I'd left!! :P

#2 Guest_miller07_*

Guest_miller07_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

I've got the baby one for my two. I soaked mine and mixed it with their weeds to try, they seemed to like it.
Will use it now to mix with salad ;)
x

#3 Guest_19Kel71_*

Guest_19Kel71_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

I may try it soaked and mixed with the weeds too..... last time I gave it soaked to him it was neat and he wasn't impressed!! Mind you it did look like something regurgitated!!! :wacko: It's no wonder he blanked me!!!!

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

Bailey and Boo are too greedy to play hard to get.. if only for a minute! :D

Paula x

#5 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

One of mine won't eat the baby preAlpin but the others do. Fussy boots doesn;t think this stuff is food at all!

I mix some with a little water and form it into blobs which I put down for them. At first they weren't sure of it, but they got more used to it.

I have also used the PreAlpin cobs which are very much cheaper than the 'baby' mix.

#6 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I bought some of the pre alpine as it was recommended on this site when Michelle was poorly this year as something to help her nutrition when she wasn't eating very well. I have tried it every which way and she still won't eat anything it has touched... She has some tonight again but is refusing to eat. Peta on the other hand wolfs it down like it is her last supper!!! Strange how they are so different x x Hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users