Tortoise Poo?! Advice Needed...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cathbeer10_*

Guest_cathbeer10_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi all.
I've had Billy nearly a week now (he is ten). He's just had a bath and there was a white stringy type substance in the water. Is this his poo and is it normal? He still doesn't like his baths! Xx

#2 Guest_Kp'z nuts_*

Guest_Kp'z nuts_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hiya, that is perfectly normal as long as does not appear gritty. It's called urates I think I'm not sure exactly what it is I just know it's nothing to worry about! Hope this helps I'm not very good at explaining things!

Kirsty xx

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Kirsty is right. :)
Urates are the end product of the protein digestive system and are stored in the urinary bladder. When torty wees he passes urine and urates.
Urates should be a creamy consistency, if they are grainy/gritty it is a sign of dehydration. More baths required! :D
Billy might not enjoy his baths but they are good for him. :)

Paula x

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

You have to see boy pebble in his bath..... So funny.... He stands (?) on his nail ends for what seems forever. Or everything collapses and his legs are stretched out like he has been splattered!!! Either way you can tell the poor boy hates the water x x x hugs x x

#5 Guest_cathbeer10_*

Guest_cathbeer10_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Thanks everyone. Feel much better that it isn't just billy who hates his bath! From the sounds of it, it sounds like he did a little wee. Still no poo in a week though. Is that normal? X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users