Baby Shelldons Home!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_marcie_*

Guest_marcie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

Here are some pics of Shelldon's new home :) If you see that I am doing anything wrong please let me know! Im a newbie and i need all the help i can get.

Marcie

Attached Files

#2 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi marcie

Welcome to the forum.. Your house looks lovely and seems to have all that is needed. You may find it a good idea to get a bit of slate for his food as it's nice and flat and keeps their beaks trim as they eat from it.

he certainly looks very happy and is such a little cutie.. thanks for sharing

Jeanette x

#3 Guest_marcie_*

Guest_marcie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Thanks jeanette! What is slate?? Sorry for my ignorance!

#4 Guest_marcie_*

Guest_marcie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

Thanks jeanette! What is slate?? Sorry for my ignorance!

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hi Marcie,

Shelldon's new home looks just great. Make sure he doesn't start eating his moss though. :rolleyes: Otherwise you might have to plant it in a pot a little higher?
Slate is stone, rock, slab of.. just a flat stone surface, if you feed from a slate it means Shelldon won't ingest so much of the substrate with his food, and the scuffing will help keep his beak trim.
One thing, is your lamp a combined heat/uv bulb? I remember reading that they should be hung straight down or may be inclined to blow?

Paula x

#6 Guest_marcie_*

Guest_marcie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

The day i put in the moss he went and sniffed around and didnt seem to care for it too much and just walked away. I havent seem him near it since.

Is it ok if he eats in his dish for now? its a hard solid material, almost like a rock.? he is so small he fits every where!!

Marcie

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hi Marcie,

Shelldon's bowl will be just fine. :D

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users