Bubbles Sore Leg

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hello.... Great to have everyone back... Hope chrIstmas went ok and things are ready for the new year. As you may know I have not hibernated bubble cos she laid an egg at the end of October..... Which isn't doing much I am afraid..... However her shell is rubbing on her back leg and has made it sore. Today whilst bathing her it began to bleed and looks very sore. The area is clean and her appetite is good. Is there anything I can put on it to protect it from her shell.... X x. Hugs x x

#2 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Poor Bubble :( how comes it's rubbing? has she got a jagged bit?
As always I can offer no helpful advice.. sorry! I hope someone has some suggestions for you

xxx

I am sure my egg is empty, but just can't bring myself to turn the incubator off...

#3 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

The shell isn't jagged or rough or anything.... Just when she moves it rubs. She doesn't seem to get up on her legs and walk very far.... She never has done since I got her in August. X x. Hugs x x haven't touched my egg yet :-(( x

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hi Stellanne, I thought I had read about someone else having the same problem fairly recently... but I can't find it ...yet!! :D
In an old post Dawn recomended covering the shell with a plaster to stop the rubbing in the short term. I'm not sure how the skin will heal though if it is constantly being rubbed, might be worth a phone call to the vet if nobody gets back to you soon?

Paula x

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

I am curious as to why it has only just started making poor Bubble sore?

Paula x

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

http://www.hermann-t...l=&fromsearch=1

Hello again!
Oz made a good point in this post, about torty not being able to eat whatever you cover the leg/shell in, but being a back leg you may be ok to try? He also suggested a product for bathing the wound.

Paula x

#7 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

would a vet file the shell at all to stop it touching the leg? Can they be filed away? x

#8 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

It actually started to get sore when she was fraud and doing all that pacing and straining. She seemed to be up on her front legs pressing down on her back ones. I did look for a previous post cos remembered someone else having a similar problem.... I think it was a tort chewing it's front leg. I thought it was healing as she hasn't been too active recently. C x x hugs x x

#9 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

That was meant to say gravid not fraud!!! Hugs x

#10 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

I have fetched some repti wound healing aid to treat bubbles legs and placed a plaster along her shell where both legs look to rub. Michelle's shell curved outwards slightly where the growth was... Bubbles doesn't. Should it? Anyway she is all medicated and plastered up and sulking from the upside down experience x x. Hugs x.

#11 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I think she deserves a nice treat for being a brave girl!!! and maybe she won't have the hump anymore he he xx

#12 Guest_helsbells_*

Guest_helsbells_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Just noticed this post that Bubbles has laid eggs and not able to get up on her legs. A couple of years ago one of my females done this she had a calcium crash i treated her with Solcal and bathed her in Reptoboost and she soon perked up i always keep some in my first aid cupboard in case it happens again.
Helenx

#13 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Helen... Will try the reptoboost trick x x. Bubble seems generally well but as I have learnt from Michelle and her sad loss.... Torts often do not show signs of early illness. X x hugs xx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users