Can You Id Cola For Me?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Norman's certificate says he's a Testudo Hermanni Hermanni..... Could his stated sub species be incorrect??? I'm really confused now! LOL I'm getting loads of conflicting information from everywhere!! :blink:

Hi Kelly,
Norman doesn't look like a western hermanni hermanni to me.
Sometimes the wrong description can appear on a torts certificate.
I think this may be the case with Norman.
If you could try posting some pics of his shell underside, Bruce could positively ID him for you.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#22 Guest_19Kel71_*

Guest_19Kel71_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

His underbelly is very dark, but I don't think completely joined like in the Hermmani. He's fast asleep at the moment so I'm going to get him in the morning!! ;)

#23 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

... then in summer Bailey and Boo now aged 4.5 grew boy tails... This will mean they are the bigger type and if kept with Hettie would damage her during mating. :( Sooo I am having to rehome them. :(
BUT luckily good friends of mine have agreed to take them on, they will be treated like princes and will be sooo well looked after. :wub:
... but will struggle to say goodbye for sure!

Paula x

Hi Paula,
I'm so sorry to hear Bailey and Boo have to be re-homed. :( They certainly had a lot of good living and rearing with you. :) It will be sad to see them go but great that you will be keeping in touch with them. :) Best of luck Paula! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#24 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Freddy, :)

I was in no hurry to rehome them as there is plenty of time until they became sexually active. it is sad though as I thought they would stay with me forever.
I know it is for the best though and the home they are going to is fabulous, I couldn't have asked for better and so that makes things a lot easier.
I think it just goes to show how important it is that people are aware of the subspecies. In time they would do the female Hercs real damage.

Paula x

#25 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Without looking under him I would say hercs but might be wrong

#26 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Kelly you might want to double check that certificate as they usually always say the species is Hermanni. That can mean any kind of hermann tortoise.

And Cola is lovely! Whatever sub species she might be.

The Hermanni Hermanni are about a third smaller than the boetgerri of the same age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users