Is This Normal Behaviour?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Only meee again!

Cola has for the last year displayed very masculine traits.. she chases me (and I mean run's full pelt) trying to bite my feet and when she catches me she continues to bite me, then proceeds to mate my foot, complete with the mating sqeak!

Why does she do this? Is she sexually frustrated?

She makes me feel violated... ha ha xxx

Attached Files

• Attached File  020.jpg   1.37MB   30 downloads

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

LOL! It's the slippers Jeanette, :lol: I saw them in the pictures you posted and I must say how could anyone resist! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though I haven't got a clue! I have read previously of torties getting jiggy with a whole range of things including a rainwater downpipe. I have also read it is more common with torts that have been kept alone as they have been unable to form the 'inprint?' or the natural thing they should be attracted to. Although this isn't the case with Cola as she had time with her 'friend'???

Paula x

#3 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

However paula, she hasn't seen Mr Malibu for over a year.. I wonder if they do "ann summers" for torts... ha ha
I thought it would be just the males that would do the biting and mating ritual.. not my duchess! It is very embarrassing when friends come round, I make sure she is in her table..x

#4 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

ha!ha! :lol: This sounds very funny Jeanette! although I'm sure your mortified. :lol: I've never heard anything like it before. Billiejo has never behaved this way and she's been alone for 30 years. Maybe Cola is just a red blooded female tort plain and simple! he!he! :lol:
Best of luck ;)
Freddy :D

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Lucky you freddy having a good girl! :D

My mother used to have a budgie... that used to stimulate himself by putting one claw on his swing, leaning backwards and rubbing himself on his perch... he used to get covered by a cloth when visitors came!! :lol:

Paula x

#6 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

ha!ha! :lol: Nice one Paula! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

That is funny paula... and I reckon Billiejo is a little angel.. so she has never met up with a boy then Freddy? I think you should change her name to Edna Birch (from emmerdale) or Emily Bishop... ha ha bless her.. xx

#8 Guest_helsbells_*

Guest_helsbells_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

My Tilly does this to the other females and even to Willy my male and even makes the loud squeaky noise and has even decided to head butt a couple of times i know she usually does the mating thing when she is gravid

#9 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

I got a big shock when boy pebble went to hibernate and I put girl bubble in with peta after Michelle passed away. All I could hear was squeaks and squeaks.... When I looked bubble was doing things I would rather she didn't on poor peta. She settled down after a few weeks and hasn't done it since x x x hugs x x x

#10 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Poor Peta.. she probably thought she was in an episode of prisoner cell block h.... ha ha Randy little buggers all of them! I'm getting a nice tortoise mag to leave in her enclosure to have a look at..x

#11 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

My two rescues that are supposed to be females do this. Clydette is always mounting Bonnie and squeaking like she's doing 'something' I was told it's a dominance thing.

Attached Files

#12 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Oh yes she dominates me alright!!! he he x

#13 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Nettle displays similar behaviour and she only turned two in November! She doesnt try to mate things but she does chase my feet and nip my toes and she also headbutts anything in her way, the wall, the door, the skirting board, me, the cupboard, the fencepost....

Oh and also if something tickles the back end of her shell she sticks her bum in the air and does the most hilarious wiggle! Funny things they are!

Louise

#14 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yes Louise, Cola does a cool disco dance when I scratch the back of her shell.. Also she tries to get underneath the most rediculous spaces and often backs up and does the wiggle trying to fit!!
She never head butts anything though? I've just had a vision of you getting Nettle a little crash helmet!! ha ha

Cola never ever mated me until she became sexually active (although she has only done it once) it must have given her a taste for it... little huzzy.. xx

#15 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lol! Hettie also does the bum wiggle thing if I rub the back of her shell. :D They are funny.
I am a little worried about how Gigidy will behave when he meets her in the Spring... her had better be kind to the princess!

Paula x

#16 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

They do make me giggle! Nettle enjoys hiding under small spaces but then gets upset when they brush against the back of her shell! Imagining Nettle with a crash helmet on has made my day! :)

#17 Guest_meimnot76_*

Guest_meimnot76_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

I must be in the 'Sex and the City' forum ...yesterday it was well endowed studs...today it's dominant girls :lol:

I've bought a resin tort for my (presumably female) little one...she can try some tricks on it before doing them on my wife's slippers...

#18 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Spring must be just around the corner! :lol:

Paula x

#19 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

my girls do this with the other females in my group wen they are just aboot to lay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users