- - - - -

New Babies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

quick question i bred 1 baby last year if mildred lays again this year and i get more babies could they go into the same table as last years baby or do i need to make another table by the way the baby is now about 50g and a horsfield or could i do temp table then put them together after a few weeks thanks :wub: :)

#2 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hi Karen

I had some hatched in Feb 2011 (pepsi & tango) and they have shared the table with some hatched in Nov & Dec 2011.. so just under a year but they were fine.. In fact the little ones follow Tango (who's the biggest) where ever she goes and is so funny to watch. The bigger ones do use them as stepping stones but the babies soon shift out of the way..
The only tip i would give is have several places for them to sleep so that your one year old can sleep separate, just in case they do flatten them.. Tango slept on one that was only days old and her shell went a bit flat but soon popped back into shape, so just be careful xxx

#3 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

hi jeanette thanks for that i were,nt sure what others did,i hope she lays again this year it was brilliant to watch the baby hatch :)

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

I haven't had torty babies yet. I shall have to wait and see if any of my new girls do the honours this year. :D .... Then sit and watch me worry like mad about everything!! :lol:

Paula x

#5 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

i hope you get some babies paula its amazing but very stressfull at the same time :)

#6 Guest_helsbells_*

Guest_helsbells_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

I use a converted 3 tier hamster cage for newly hatched babies for the first 2 weeks have uv and heat bulb suspended from the wire top before they join their siblings in 1 of the indoor enclosures

#7 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

hi helen thanks i think i would keep them on there own for first couple of weeks then join this one :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users