Out Of Hibernation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hello
my torts H,Becky and Humpty are all out of hibernation and doing great,for the first couple of days i kept them inside in there old table top homes to make sure they were okay but H decided to climb over and get into the girls home and you can guess the rest :D :D so now they are all back into there outside home and enjoying basking under there lamps.Hibernation has been much easier than last year outside the only worry was at the beginning when it went warm.
Jaynex

#2 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

hi jayne im glad every thing went ok its nice when there back up mine are up and doing fine :)

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi Jayne,
I'm so glad to hear H, Becky and Humpty made it safely through hibernation and are now rearing to go! :) Karen's tortoises too. Roll on summer! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi Paula,
Anectodaly speaking male tortoises can be at it from the time they get up until the time they go down. :blink: Be prepared!!!! :wacko: ha!ha!
Kind Regards

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Oooops! Sorry Paula. My post seems to have appeared in your post. Don't know what happened there. Apologies.......
Freddy

#6 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hello Jayne.... Just making notes for next year.... Your three are out of hibernation now and outdoors in their house. Could you let me know what lighting/ heating agenda you have. And do they have access to the actual outdoors or are they confined to indoors. X x x hugs x.

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Not sure what you did there Freddy! :lol:

Jayne it must be lovely to have the little guys up again. :wub: There has been some shuffling in the fridge this week, the temperatures haven't changed, but I did change the wormy soil. The last two years I have woken my torts but have some older girls in this winter, they wouldn't wake at temps of 4C would they?

Paula x

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hello Paula
My torts stayed asleep when it warmed up outside and the temps in there house went to 8c-9c,my torts have stayed asleep at 4c
Hello Stellane
My torts house has an enclosure so they can have a good roam around,there house has basking lights and a uva/uvb strip light which covers both sections of the house,only out for a short while at the moment they are enjoying there lights,also have a tubular heater which is controlled on a thermostat which comes on at night.
Jaynex

#9 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

WAKEY WAKEY !!!!!!!
Yes folks it`s that time of year,so let the forum know how your torts have done. My two were up and ready this morning 15 mins after coming out of my beer fridge. Good warm soak and now stretched out under the heat lamps. I wish we always had good lazy summer days :-) John

#10 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

WAKEY WAKEY !!!!!!!
Yes folks it`s that time of year,so let the forum know how your torts have done. My two were up and ready this morning 15 mins after coming out of my beer fridge. Good warm soak and now stretched out under the heat lamps. I wish we always had good lazy summer days :-) John

Hi John,
Glad to hear your torts made it safely through hibernation and are now up and about having a good stretch. :) My tortoise 'Billiejo' isn't due out for another month. :wub: Can't wait ^_^ .It's always nice to see them again after their big sleep. :D Best of luck!. ;)
Kind Regards

#11 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

It is great to have them back after a rest. Boy Pebble woke a few weeks ago... A casualty of the warm snap. He had had ten weeks rest but at 6 yrs old this was his first ' big sleep'. He was manic the first week.... So active, climbing everything. He has calmed down now and I reintroduced him to his flatmate girl Bubble at the weekend. They snuggled... Nose to nose.... Then he spoilt the moment by reminding her he was a 'real man' :-)) x x x

#12 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I bought a new male at the end of summer, I am petrified of what he might get up to when he comes out of the fridge! LOL!!
Not sure what my princesses will make of him. :D
A lady safe area is being built ready for his arrival!

Paula x

#13 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well,
If he is anything like "Steve Mc Queen" in the Great Escape you little princesses will have no chance !!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

#14 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

:lol: Awww don't tease!! I am petrified!! :D

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users