How Will I Know If My Tort Is About To Lay Eggs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Debby4_*

Guest_Debby4_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

how will I know if Rex (may start calling her Rox) is going to lay eggs? she is always burrowing but seems quite lethargic ( I have checked her poo for worms and perfectly clear) she is eating well but still very lethargic, Ronnie follows her alot and is so much more active I wondered if
a) Rox is old enough to reproduce (apparently hatched in 2009)
B) if she is ready to lay eggs
c) if she does lay eggs what do I do???
hope you can help thanks Debby x

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi Debby,

I have no experience with egg laying but I do know that as an 09 hatchling your little lady is far too young for you to be worrying about eggs. Perhaps others will be able to give you more details later, but for now breath deeply and be reassured it is too early to worry about eggs just yet. :D

Paula x

#3 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Maybe Ronnie might be hassling her too much if he keeps following her. Does he constantly chase her? She might be becomming withdrawn if he is.

I have to keep an eye on two of mine as one constantly chases the other. Mine are two females but one is more dominant.

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hello Debby
My larger female Humpty is more dominant than Becky and when she was laying eggs last year she was very dominant,kept banging and mounting her and claiming all the food,you will notice a difference in behaviour when its time for Rox to lay eggs,like Paula says, 09 hatchling is too young.
Jaynex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users