Peppa N Sportacus

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hermandj1_*

Guest_hermandj1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

my 7yr old female hermans and 4 yr old male hermans named by my children peppa and sportacus Attached File  Picture 458.jpg   944.18KB   32 downloadsAttached File  Picture 457.jpg   810.07KB   32 downloads

#2 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

hi welcome from me :) they look like horsfield torts to me not hermanns how long have you had them love there names :)

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hi There,
Welcome to the forum. :) Your torts peppa and sportacus are wonderful. :wub: Look forward to hearing more about them. Hope you enjoy your stay! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi welcome to the forum. :D

I agree with Karen, your beautiful torts do look like horsfields, do you have paperwork for them that says they are Hermanns?

Paula x

#5 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

hi i just wanted to add if you dont have any paperwork for these tortoises thats fine as horsfields dont need any :)

#6 Guest_hermandj1_*

Guest_hermandj1_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

hi all i was told they were hermans by previous owner as i have only had them for few months now and they had them since very small so they have no papers and i thought the markings were slightly different to the hermans ive seen on here thanks

#7 Guest_gwenq_*

Guest_gwenq_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Your torts look beautiful. they look like they are in a viv and it looks very small plus there is no substrate and horsfields love to dig. You could have a look at indoor housing pictures to get some ideas. All I ever used for years was bookcases on their back, cheap and cheerful!!

People on here will give you lots of advise if you are planning on changing their indoor housing.

Good luck.

#8 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

hi horsfields are great tortoises i keep them aswell as hermanns any questions just ask every one is very friendly on here :)

#9 Guest_hermandj1_*

Guest_hermandj1_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

im setting up an outdoor area for them to mooch about n dig i was told to try and shelter it if rains is this true and they have previously had eggs but not seemed to be fertilized as told by previous owner who had the eggs in a heated tank any advise much aprieciated thanks alan

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi Alan,

Are you looking to house them outside permanantly or are you going to be bringing them inside at nightimes and in the Spring and Autumn?
It depends on what your plans are to how much they will need.
People use lots of different things as a shelter, cold frames are useful, but it does depend on your plans.

Paula x

#11 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

hi alan as paula has said it depends on what you want to do paula houses hers outside permanantly theres some pictures in the gallery section where i have an outside space where mine can go out but if the weathers not so good they can come back inside to there table,what ever you make you will have to make sure its predator,escape proof :)

#12 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hello and welcome
Your torts do look like horsefields,with my first tort H i had paperwork saying he was a Hermann but he's a horsefield,i was told by the chelonian group,they visited Birmingham and did a pre hibernation check on him and everyone there checked him out for me,they were brilliant.Now i have three horsefields and one redfoot.Horsefields are great escape artists. :P :P :P
Jaynex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users