Everyone's Up!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

My little guys came out of the fridge today. Most are back doing their own torty thing except for Bailey, he was slow to wake and when I picked him up to bath him he blew lots of frothy bubbles from his nose. He has had two reptoboost baths, been kept warm and seperate from the others. He has eaten a dandi leaf and so hopfully tomorrow he will be a little better. He hasn't blown anymore bubbles so fingers crossed. Ami is yet to eat but has had a bask and has been busy exploring her new enclosure.

Posted Image

Warming up.

Posted Image

The camera shows how they gradually warm through. It took an hour to get from fridge temp 4-5C to approx 12-14C.

Nearly ready for our baths...

Posted Image

Me next!

Posted Image

Paula x

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi Paula,
Glad to hear your torts are safely up. :) Hopefully, Bailey will be fine. Your pics look fab. Congratulations on getting them all safely through hibernation. You certainly had a big group this year. Best of luck with them all. Take care. Talk soon.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

morning paula you have some beautiful torts there glad there up and ok hows bailey doing this morning hope shes better :)

#4 Guest_gwenq_*

Guest_gwenq_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

What a beautiful group of torts!! You must be relieved they are all up. Love the last pic!!

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thanks all :wub:

Bailey is doing just fine, there have been no more bubbles, he was quiet until today, sitting under the lamp most of the time. Today he has been much better, eating like a horse and charging around... hopefully that's him feeling better. I shall keep a close eye on him tho. :)

Paula x

#6 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

well done Paula, now the fun can begin!!!! Glad Bailey is feeling better and you are a happy mum
hugs x x x

#7 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

glad to hear baileys feeling better paula :)

#8 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

What do you call a group of tortoises?.........Paula's passion!
Glad they're all up.

#9 Guest_hermann bruce_*

Guest_hermann bruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

how much was that camra??i want one!!!

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Well Bruce if you borrow one they are free... but I think if you want to own your own they are now cheaper than they once were at around ... ahemmmm £4,000!
Not sure they are worth that sort of money for tortoise use. :D But interesting to play about with. :)
Hope Victor and Bentley are in fine fettle Lin? :D

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users