Tort Lodge - A Bit Of Fine Weather And We Are Away!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have got a bit expert at putting photos on the site now but can't seem to get to say anything once I have the pictures there. Will crack the secret code in the end.
A day of staining Tort Lodge today as the sun is out. Got an extra week off school before the Easter Break cos I have had knee surgery. WOW..... how well I pick the good weather.x x x hugs x x :P

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi Stellanne,
Your tort lodge looks great! :) Well done you. ;) Hopefully the good weather keeps up. :D Thanks for sharing.
Best of luck. ;)
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

hi stellanne looking good lets hope this weather stays with us :)

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hello Stellane
looking great,your torts are going to love it,the weather forecast look's good/
Jaynex

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

That is a fab torty house! My friend is building ready for Bailey and Boo's arrival and so I shall be sending her a link to see what you have done. :)
Can I ask whether there is a reason for the two different roof types, it it part of your design or is it different for a practical purpose?

Paula x

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Ooops! Just put my glasses on and realised the roof is not green felt... lol, Is the perspex to allow additional light? :D

Paula x

#8 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

One side is solid, well has the big door to get in.... Took a note so there was no 'poking about with stucks' to get torts out of corners. And a steel meshed ventilation window which I can close up. The other side has the upvc windows and roof to allow sun to get in and heat it up. There is a removable dividing wall which I can put in when it is cooler so the solid compartment can keep warm easier. All walls are two inches thick and insulated. Thanks for liking it... I am thrilled with what the joiner did. If I was to make an improvement I would have made it wider. The thicker walls did that. I should have told him the width was inside measurements not outside. But never mind David said we can extend with no problems so we will see how this summer goes. In my head I was going to partition off boy pebble but there is no room for that. However I had read that boys should be some distance away from the girls when housed so may be getting a bachelors pad next year x x x hugs x x

#9 Guest_19Kel71_*

Guest_19Kel71_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

That looks brilliant. I'm sure they'll love it. x

#10 Guest_welshtort_*

Guest_welshtort_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Wow thats a brill tort palace!! what did you insulate it with?
Sian

#11 Mendoza

Mendoza

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

looking great,your torts are going to love it,the weather forecast look's good/

#12 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

It is exactly a year since we began our creeps permanent outdoor enclosure. I thought you might like to see how Tort Lodge Gardens are developing!!!!!!

Attached File  P1000819.JPG   77.56KB   26 downloadsAttached File  P1000820.JPG   70.33KB   27 downloadsAttached File  P1000821.JPG   88.03KB   23 downloadsAttached File  P1000822.JPG   78.34KB   17 downloads

#13 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi Stella,
Tort Lodge Gardens are developing really nicely. Your torts must love it out there. Thanks for the update and for sharing your pics with us. Well done!
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users