Is Cola Just Being A Bugger?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEANETTE_*

Guest_JEANETTE_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

She's at it again!!! on and off with the acting gravid lark! I really think I have a very spoilt and attention seeking tortoise.. my own fault no doubt!
One minute she is climbing the walls and pacing around like a mad girl indoors, :twisted: trashing her table and fighting to get out and wall her muddy feet all over my carpet, cahsing me to mate and bite my feet, then as soon as the sun's out I put her outside and she finds a shady draughty corner under a shrub and stays there! She has all that is needed for a nesting site but no signs of sniffing or digging at all..Tonight she has been really settled and sat basking all evening, no signs of pacing etc?? :?
So off to the vets we go on Thursday at 4pm for an xray and I am telling you if the duchess isn't carrying eggs we shall be having serious words!
I really don't want anymore babies :( I still have 3 left from December and was hoping that would have been her last clutch from the one mating she had in September 2010!!
I will let you know the outcome and if some behavioural therapy is needed.. :lol: xx

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Lol! She sounds just fab! :)
All that from a holiday romance, he must have been HOT!! :lol:
We shall wait and see whether your little lady is going to need a stern talking to, or whether you need to get the incubator fired up again!!
I did read that the older the sperm she is holding the less likely the eggs are to be fertile? We shall just have to wait and see. :wub:

Paula x

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Poor Cola and Poor Jeanette! :wacko: It must have been super sperm, that's all I can say. :blink: Best of luck! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

Ha ha... Poor nobody Freddy... Cola and Jeanette are so funny!! :-))) I work with families who just can't stop having babies:-))) I can just see you Jeanette hiking her to the vets, plonking her down ( in a gentle sort of way) and saying, like a frustrated mum with a teenage daughter... Look what she has gone and done. And poor cola looking at you saying.... It was only the once!! :-)))). You know what Jeremy Kyle would say!! X x x hugs x x

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hello Jeanette
Cola is a busy girl,she sounds a character,lol!!best of luck on thursday,let us know how you get on.
Jaynex

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Jeremy and Kyle... perfect names for her next hatchlings! :lol:

Best of luck on Thursday Duchess! :wub:

Paula x

#7 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:37 PM