Cork Bark

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Does anyone know if there is any reason why cork bark cannot be left outside. My three love it in the indoor run I was watching Peta climbing all the time yesterday and thought these would be nice in Tort Gardens. I have logs I am going to use but they can only climb if the depth is small enough to get their legs up. What does everyone else use for climbing obstacles x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi Stellanne,
Unfortunately I have no experience using cork bark in my torts enclosure. However, I wouldn't be surprised if torts came across it occasionally in their natural habitats.
Hopefully there will be others along shortly to offer you more helpful advice. Best of luck.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

When I visited Corsica, which was great, I saw some of those cork oak trees which grow around the Mediterranean countries. I admit I did pick up a large chunk that was lying next to a cork oak and smuggled it home. It's a lovely natural material and can be used outside but will tend to decay if left out all year.

I wish I had a nice supply of cork bark!

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

I wish I had Ozric, it is so expensive... I love it in the indoor pens but as you may have been reading my torts are moving outside this summer and will hopefully stay there.... Health permitting. X x x hugs x c thanks for the great picture x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users