Omg.....girl Bubble Has Laid An Egg!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

As I said OMG Posted Image ......this is completely unexpected. Just been out to check on all torts and behind Girl Bubble there was an egg.....and inside another hide sadly a broken one and eslewhere just a yolk with some egg white!!! Needless to say the intact egg is now in the incubator, but really not hopeful it is fertile. The one she laid in October went well past the sell buy date before I plucked up courage to dispose of it.
However, this new egg, as unexpected as it was has certainly been easier to lay for her which i suggest is a good sign. The only clue I had was she was just wriggling her back legs in the soil of her indoor enclosure occasionally last week. I did comment last week to David she was doing that 'gravid thing' but with no intensity which made me think she was wriggling her leg to get more heat.
I had let her out of her outdoor enclosure because I wanted to watch her walk about. I have a theory the does not use her legs as she should, she is a rehomed tort and was fed an inappropriate diet and has grown very quickly. this coupled with being homed in an enclosure far too small for her with Boy Pebble, i think has restricted her movements. Also she was constantly with Boy Pebble in this small pen so I suspect she had been bothered by him quite a lot. Since she has been with me this has changed and she rarely spends time with him and today the time in the sun, on the lawn, was an exercise in letting her explore. It should not have been an egg laying session!!! Posted ImagePosted Image
hugs xxx

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Stellane
I will keep fingers crossed that the egg is fertile,congratulations,keep us posted.
Jaynex

#3 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi Stellanne,
Best of luck with girl Bubble's egg. Hopefully it hatches. I think it is only a matter of time before you get some fertile eggs. :) I will keep everything crossed for you. ^_^ Keep us updated! ;)
Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#4 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

hi stellanne great news hopefully its fertile, keep us updated :)

#5 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Oh wow! What a surprise!
Very best of luck with the egg. :D

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users