Tort Lodge... Lights And Heat.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Bearing in mind I am planning on using Tort Lodge as an all season home and at the relevant time for hibernation... What would be the best heating/ uv lighting...this is the Easter weekend activity for David... X x x hugs xcx

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi Stellanne,

I have tried lots of different ways to make things right for year round accomodation. :rolleyes:

It has been difficult because I find you need different solutions for different times of the year. What has been successful are tubular heaters which I have on a thermostat so that I can control the background temperatures both during the day and at night time, year round.

I also have UV strip lights and a ceramic heat lamp. Lots of people prefer the combined bulbs but I like the fact that the ceramic one can be on a thermostat to cut out if it gets too warm.

I don't use the UV or heat when the little guys have access to outside (may-sept ish) although the ceramic bulb can be put on for a couple of hours in the morning to warm the torts up during early summer and during extended periods of grim summer weather!

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users