Tort Lodge Gardens Take 2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

The lads came today to put the boundaries up for Tort Lodge and Gardens. There is a row of sleepers under the ground for levelling and to stop preditors digging in. I am thinking now of keeping it hilly and bumpy for climbing and exploration. Obviously I now have the fun part to do which will be digging out all those bulbs I have been setting in this area for the last 8 years :wacko: Posted ImagePosted Image

I am sooo excited. x x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image
So excited I posted the same picture twice....Dummy!!!!! hugs x x x

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

What lucky torts, B) that must be costing a small fortune. :blink:

#4 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Unfortunately Chrissyan it Is.... But I think of it as a permanent structure for the garden and I do want it right. The sad news is I won't now have room for a conservatory. .... But then who wants to clean all those windows!! X

#5 Guest_Freddy McGavin_*

Guest_Freddy McGavin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi Stellanne.
You deserve a lot of credit for providing such a nice area for your tortoises. Best of luck with Tort Lodge Gardens! :)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

hi stellanne its coming along great, money well spent if it keeps them safe, i bet you car,nt wait for it to be finished :wub:

#7 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Regarding keeping safe... I read a lot about placing netting etc over outdoor enclosures. Is this always/really necessary. What is the protection against? Ok I know magpies etc and the dangers to baby torts... And the problem of foxes and other night time predictors... But if torts are big... And locked up at night... Is netting necessary x x

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hello Stellane
Your tort enclosure is looking good,keep posting pictures its great to see the progress,your torts are so lucky.
Jaynex

#9 Guest_mildredsmam_*

Guest_mildredsmam_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

hi stellanne i think its your choice to put netting over or not, ive read alot dont with adults, me personally im going to cover mine because im at work alot and would rest better knowing nothing could get in :wub:

#10 Guest_19Kel71_*

Guest_19Kel71_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I covered mine so my cats wouldn't go in there and use it as a litter tray! Plus he's still only little and I don't want him being pecked by crows or carried off by birds of prey! :blink:

#11 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Tort Lodge is going to be just great, can't wait to see the end results.
Torts all over the country will be wondering whether you are taking bookings! :D

Paula x

#12 Guest_Stellanne_*

Guest_Stellanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I have had a knee operation and not quite mobile so have loads of time to think and plan... Though to be fair I have been researching/ reading others advice and looking at others enclosures for the past year!!! I have just said to David.... I have been thinking about tort gardens.... His face said it all... But... What about a shallow water feature with running water. X x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users