Can't Log On With My Usual User Name

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hi, I've had to resort to making a new account so I can log on today. It appears that all the users on the forum are now "guests". All the spammers that have joined the forum, as well as myself are now the only registered members! What's going on????

Why can't I log on as 19kel71????

Helppppppppppppppppp!!! :wacko:

#2 pontypriddwebdesign

pontypriddwebdesign

Tortoise Member

• Designer
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hi kelly,

Seems the forum has been hacked and the members data base deleted

I am doing everything i can to gain back admin rights so we can clear up the forum.

could users please reregister

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've now created an account using my old user name too, so I have two accounts on here now! Kelly_Hearn and 19kel71

If you need any help in clearing up (if you ever get into the main control panel), I'd be happy to join the administration team. :)

#4 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hi All,
I've just set up a new account with the user name 'Freddy'. :) It seems simple enough. ;) I am now reporting for duty!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#5 pontypriddwebdesign

pontypriddwebdesign

Tortoise Member

• Designer
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thank you for your offer to be an administrator kelly, i will sort this once i get back into the control panel.
I think i am going to need all the help i can get from admin members to keep control on the spam once we get started again.

The thing is i am going to have to keep registration security levels low to make it easy for members to re register, this leaves the door open for spammers too.

Its a bit of a difficult situation.

If i keep security tight so that i have to verify each new account , it is hard to spot genuine members in amongst the 60 odd registrations we get each day

if i lower registration security , so it only takes email verification , we get bombarded with spam.

#6 pontypriddwebdesign

pontypriddwebdesign

Tortoise Member

• Designer
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

3 am . i have access to the control panel, kelly and freddy should have admin rights aswell as myself

i HAVE DELETED ALL THE SPAM (I THINK)

going to bed now sooo tired , its been a long day

sion

#7 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well done Sion, :P :P I have at last managed to create a new user name.....unimaginably 'Stella'..... :excl: :excl: far too early in the morning to 'think'.
Now to set up my profile again. x x x hugs x x

#8 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Help Kelly,,,,, :unsure: I cant put a picture in my little box!!!
hugs
x x x :ph34r:

#9 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Stella, go to your profile page and just hold your mouse cursor over where your picture should be and you'll see "change". Click on this and you'll be able to upload your profile picture. x

#10 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

I've been having a good clean up this morning......the forum's looking loads better now and I've flagged up and banned all spammer accounts! Yay!!! :P

#11 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

I apologise in advance if I've banned or flagged anyone up who isn't a spammer! I did find one account which had root admin capabilities with the email tempadmin@fakemail if that's not a spammer then I don't know what is!!!! that could well have been the account the deleted us all off in the first place!
I was a bit zero tolerance this morning and any accounts that looks in the slightest bit dodgy were targeted! :unsure:

#12 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Good morning guys!,
There were a few double posts which I have now deleted. The forum looks much better now. Well done everyone! :)
Kind Regards
Freddy

#13 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Just a word of advice to all moderators. If you are deleting a topic that has been double posted using the moderation tools be sure to go into the relevant forum and delete the topic individually. If you delete the topic from the recent topics list on the front page there is a danger that you will remove the topic you are trying to keep. Unfortunately, this is what happened here. Apologies to the other posters on this thread. :(
Kind Regards
Freddy
P.S Welcome to the moderation team Kelly! :)

#14 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

If moderators go into their control panel you can view all the posts that you deleted and have the option to restore them if you've got rid of any by mistake. ;)

P.S Thanks Freddy! :)

#15 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Kelly,
Yes. Accessing the control panel can enable one to restore deleted posts. However, I still cannot find a way to restore whole topics! :wacko:
Any ideas???
P.S Your welcome! :)

#16 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yep.... it's in the deleted content section of the control panel.... you can select posts or topics to restore. Look on the dark blue header line, just above all the deleted posts...

#17 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi, I am back. :) will sort out my avatar & signature later, can I have my moderator status re-instated? Spammers, let me at 'em

Posted Image

#18 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nice to see you're back. Hurry up and get you admin status and then prepare for battle with the enemy! lol

Posted Image

#19 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yep.... it's in the deleted content section of the control panel.... you can select posts or topics to restore. Look on the dark blue header line, just above all the deleted posts...

Thanks Kelly. Found it. But it is only posts from the off TOPIC chat/Jokes forum not topics in general. I eventually found the topic I wanted to restore in the deleted posts section of the CP. Thanks again. ;)
P.S Hi Chrissyan! best to send an e-mail to Sion to have your moderator status restored. Best of luck.

#20 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Go guys go!!!! You are doing a sterling job!!! X x x sending flowers and hugs to you all!! X x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users