My New Rescue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

I got this little fella yesterday. He was born August 2010. so is 20 months old. He has been kept in a fish tank syle viv, no heat but did have uv strip bulb, no calcium or Nutrobal. Think he looks quite good considering.

He weighs only 38g, and is 6cms.

Been i.d has a Hermanni, hermanni, so going to be smaller than my THB'S

Hope you like him :)

Attached Files

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

hi lynne hes lovely and tiny by the pictures you defo have the tort bug how many do you have now, does he have a name :)

#3 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

hi lynne hes lovely and tiny by the pictures you defo have the tort bug how many do you have now, does he have a name :)

I have 7 now, going to stop at 10. Unless I can get my hubby to clear out the garage (attached to house) and make more room ;)

I can't resist rescueing the ones that are being kept poorly. I shouldn't look really.
I'm lucky as my husband loves them too and helps me clean them out etc.

He's name is Simon :D My son chose the name. I was going to change it to something pretty, not sure yet though. Simon seems to suit him xx

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

lol i like the name simon, i stopped looking i have 6 :)

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hi Lynne,
Congratulations on your new addition. ;) Simon is a fine little chap :wub: . His name certainly suits him. Best of luck with him. ^_^
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I can't resist rescueing the ones that are being kept poorly. I shouldn't look really.

How do you find these torts that need rescuing Lynne? Admittedly I am new to the 'tort world' (last august) but have never heard of any in my neck of the woods that need adopting/rescuing.

Simon looks lovely and they do they grown slowly in the wild, so I am sure he will be fine, especially now he has a really good home. :)

#7 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hi Lynne,
Simon looks lovely, as for hubby... imagine the amount of room for torts if he were to be traded in... lol!

Paula x

#8 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hi Lynne,
Simon looks lovely, as for hubby... imagine the amount of room for torts if he were to be traded in... lol!

Paula x

Paula, Don't put ideas into my head, lol :D

#9 Guest_Lynne_*

Guest_Lynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

How do you find these torts that need rescuing Lynne? Admittedly I am new to the 'tort world' (last august) but have never heard of any in my neck of the woods that need adopting/rescuing.

Simon looks lovely and they do they grown slowly in the wild, so I am sure he will be fine, especially now he has a really good home. :)

Hi, I have a couple that I got from a tortoise rescue. and I have 2 that I have seen for sale and have seen the poor conditions they are kept in so I go and buy them :D

What area are you in? there might be a rescue near you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users