• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Greenslider

Greenslider

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Two years ago..a glorious May..last year twas lovely April..this year 20c+ March. It makes one want to cry, how bad the summers are..still at this rate it'll be an Aussie style BBQ for xmas 2015!

#22 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

your funny barry :) hi shelldons mum glad to hear hes coming round, i think you,ll see a difference with the new heat and uv in, its all a step in the right direction of having a happy tortoise, keep us updated on him :)

#23 AnneYorks

AnneYorks

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey everyone! Last night I became the proud owner of a 2 year old Hermans tortoise Shelldon. I had him through friends who know someone who rescues them. He came with his own large vivarium. I would like some help though please as Im a little worried he doesnt come out of his shell. What has happened since last night..........
I noticed when he was taken out of the vivarium he would stay in his shell and not come out...also would make a deep breathing noise (as if you were breathing hard through your nose) everytime you moved/touched him. Thinking he was scared or nervous left him to settle into his new home. About 10 mins passed and he decided to have a little peep out of his shell so i put some fresh cut dandilion greens and salad greens sprinkles with a pinch of Arkvits in his food dish to settle in,still no movement. I tried to tempt him by holding some food near him but,no, he wouldnt come out so left him to settle. Slowly he came out of his shell, went passed his food and nested in the corner of his tank under some timothy hay. This is where he remained until this morning where I turned on the vivarium light for him, left it about 40 mins he still wouldnt move so I gave him a little bath in luke warm water to see if there was a blockage and tempt him out of his shell. No he is still refusing to come out. Does anyone have any ideas/tips please?
Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users