#1 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hello
Last month humbug my beautiful white rabbit passed away and the other day fluffy my black rabbit passed away,our rabbits are old we have had them many years and are part of the family so a very upsetting day,she died in the house on the settee,her sister who she's been with all her life is now missing her,my downs syndrome son cried his heart out on me as we picked fluffy for him when she was a baby.
Jaynex

#2 jeanette

jeanette

Tortoise Forum Newby

• VIP Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Oh jayne this is such sad news..My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how devastated you all must be.. How old is your son? I had a sister with Downs, who sadly died 5 years ago aged 18 :( and can remember how she found bad news very distressing.. I hope he is ok.. and I am sure Fluffy & Humbug will be forever in your hearts xx

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oh Jayne! I am so sorry to hear 'Fluffy' passed away and so soon after 'Humbug' too. :( This is very sad news and so upsetting for your family. I hope your son feels a little better soon. You will always have happy memories. Our thoughts are with you at this time. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

morning jayne im so sorry to hear fluffy has gone :( our pets are part of the family, i hope your son is feeling a little better,my thoughts are with you at this hard time x

#5 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ooooh sad to hear your news Jayne. :( Our pets are very much part of our families and would always be missed.
I work with some fantastic people, many of them have Downs, perhaps you could make a memory book with photographs of the rabbits with your son so that he can show it to others and talk about Fluffy and how upset he is at his loss.
I would be happy to help with templates, if you are interested pm me?

Paula x

#6 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

thank you all for your kind words,Paula,I'm going through my disks to see if i can find some nice pictures of fluffy, a great idea doing a memory book,Scott had a cry again the other day to his imaginary friend.
Jaynex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users