31 replies to this topic

#21 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

hi harry i dont know how people do this please let us know what the vet says hopefully good news :)

#22 conrail

conrail

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hi guys, pictures here:

http://www.hermann-t...?showtopic=7439

Harry

#23 conrail

conrail

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

an update on the rescue tortoise, she is female Hermann's, age and sub species as yet unknown, vet was surprised to see she is responding very well to treatment, he was expecting to put her out of her misery, no idea on how long treatment will last before she is fully fit and well,
Eugene is enjoying this good weather by exploring the garden, he gets out of the sun when it gets too hot but often spends time on a flat stone getting the heat.

#24 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the update, good news for the rescue tort, :) are you still thinking of taking her on if she pulls round?

#25 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hi Harry,

Wow that is much more positive news, :D fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :)

Paula x

#26 conrail

conrail

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi guys, an update on the neglected tortoise, I first queried, she has a new home with a breeder, other details unknown but she still has health problems and will have for a while but she is getting there, apparently one of her problems is a soft shell but again time will help there,
thanks for advise on my query of me possibly getting her to go with eugene who the other day was seen trying to get under my gate, unfortunately for him he is to big but it was commical watching him trying to flatten himself to escape.

#27 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hi Harry,
Thank you for your update on the neglected tortoise. Glad she found a good home. Nice to hear 'Eugene' is doing well and up to his little tricks. He sounds like quite a character. Anyway, keep in touch Harry. Take care. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#28 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

thanks for keeping us updated glad shes gone to a good home :)

#29 conrail

conrail

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi guys, been over a year, sorry but have been rather unwell, have got Eugene a tortoise table, 5' x 3' 6" with a lorge hinged covered area in one corner, covered area is 2' x 2'6", gives him room to move about when he's not on the floor (or chair being stroked), I have a little ball in there he chases around but I was wondering about other toys and plants to stop him being bored when wife and I are not in, all suggestions appreciated.

#30 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hello Harry, nice to see you back. Eugene must be getting quite big now. Nice deep soil, and hills and dips do work as do different types of substrate like pebbles and logs to climb on. Also hides make nice hiding places, though do be careful as all these things can, in a tortoises mind, lead to escape plans being formed. As for plants, the best type are those grown in pots as they wouldn't thrive in Eugene's table. What he doesn't eat instantly he will trample.. X x hugs x x

#31 conrail

conrail

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

appreciate your help and advice Stella, will look into suggestions

#32 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hi Harry

Try to make lots of little hills and dips to make it more interesting for him with, logs to climb over and different substrates to dig in. You don't need a covered area, so you could open that up to give him more room and make his substrate deep enough to dig down into, this is better for his growth. I wouldn't use the ball if it was me as they are not really playing with it, just thinking it is food that is moving away from them. Tortoises don't really do toys. Give him one of those little stick bridges to climb over, that will do his muscles good ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users