- - - - -

my new cherry head tortoises

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:49 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-10-05 AT 12:25 PM (GMT) by tortoise_mad (admin)]i got thease yesterday. we are still thinking of names. Does anybody have any ideas on what substrate to use for hatchlings. we have them in a huge plastic Ikea box with a heat lamp and uvb we spray them all the time.

#2 Guest_J London_*

Guest_J London_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:06 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-10-05 AT 04:09 PM (GMT)]Very nice,
But did you not look into what they needed before buying them?
For names these two spring to mind
Peter & Jordan
Mello Yellow & Red Hot

#3 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

yeah i was going to put aspen down for them but it does get very dusty and i read that they dont need any substrate when so young i just wanted some ideas. I have 3 adult red foots called mango, chutney and poppy. I think i am going to use moss
http://www.freewebs....secaresheet.htm

#4 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

As this site is for med hermann torts, your not likely to get many replies on how to look after tropical redfoots. You would be better asking for advice on the Tortoise Trust.

#5 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:38 PM

looks like you've been told Sarah. I think they're really cute.

#6 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

i take no notice of her anyway. Thank you. I dont know whay she is so nasty to me, other people post things about tortoises other than hermans.

#7 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

It seems that this site is more interested in coochy coo ain't it cute than correct husbandry requirements. Personally it seems that to keep lots of tropical tortoises in a small room just because they look nice is not subjecting it to a very nice existence. Baby hippo's are cute too oh and aldabran tortoises. Still I suppose its the smiley aspect that is more important than actual care :(

#8 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

nikki you need to get your facts right before you go mouthing out yet again. my tortoises are kept in huge room with plenty of space thank you. my cherry heads are kept in my front room in a large table top encloser. Have you ever been to my house and seen how they are kept???? No you havnt. My tortoises are in top condition.

#9 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

oh resulting in being nasty again. yes you are right i have blonde hair no need to get all jealous.

#10 Guest_simon_*

Guest_simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

nikki you need to get your facts right before you go mouthing out yet again. my tortoises are kept in huge room with plenty of space thank you. my cherry heads are kept in my front room in a large table top encloser. Have you ever been to my house and seen how they are kept???? No you havnt. My tortoises are in top condition.

I wouldn't waste your breath Sarah, me thinks Nikki is a bit jealous. What of? Probably everything, her life is obviously much duller then everyone elses or else she wouldn't be spending her time being bitchy to other females on this forum. Shes probably going to resort to swearing like her ugly sister Joanne666,what a lady NOT, when she can't get her nasty messages across and then try to edit the swear words out. Poor loves they should get a swear box each, think of all the money they'd raise for the starving in Africa.

#11 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

lol well put simon. There is no need for all thease nasty comments.

#12 Guest_simon_*

Guest_simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Sarah, Just thought of two names you could give your new tortoises, but if you did you'd have to exterminate them straight away.:7

#13 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

I was stating a fact, not being nasty..........this site is called MY HERMANNS for a reason. Sarah asked for advice on which substrate to use, as they are tropical torts which have totally different requirement to med torts, I told her where she would find the info to help her keep them correctly.
Sarah - if you dont want my advice, I wont give it, simple as that, but if you cant be bothered to go to the TT site for advice, understand that this site is for people with MED not TROPICAL torts.
Simon - if you have a grudge with me, contact me off list at JoanneNUFC666@aol.com This site is for tort related posts, not you hiding behind the girls all the time egging them one.

#14 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Ok im sorry if i took it the wrong way but you have been really nasty in the past. Lots of people post things about other tortoises and some people keep different spiecies of tortoises and well as hermans.
Simon is not hiding behind the girls, he is just telling the truth, and sticking up for what is right.
Plz can we end this nastyness. Every body has the right to there own views

#15 Guest_simon_*

Guest_simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:27 PM

I was stating a fact, not being nasty..........this site is called MY HERMANNS for a reason. Sarah asked for advice on which substrate to use, as they are tropical torts which have totally different requirement to med torts, I told her where she would find the info to help her keep them correctly.
Sarah - if you dont want my advice, I wont give it, simple as that, but if you cant be bothered to go to the TT site for advice, understand that this site is for people with MED not TROPICAL torts.
Simon - if you have a grudge with me, contact me off list at JoanneNUFC666@aol.com This site is for tort related posts, not you hiding behind the girls all the time egging them one.

Don't worry, if I have a problem with you or anyone you'll know about it on this site, I will NEVER send private emails to you Joanne666 even if my life depended on it and then to have them changed by you to suit the situation. Your not the person I thought you were when I first entered this site, you've showed your true colours and I'm sure eveyone else is now aware of what you are, which I suppose is a good thing. I don't hide behind anyone, I say exactly what I feel and thats seems to be the problem you have with me,why else would you feel the need to swear on a forum that might be read by young children. Your a disgrace and you know it, those words might be chanted on football fields around the country but it has no place here. As the saying goes, if it's not true it shouldn't hurt.

#16 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

Yawnnnnnnnnn

#17 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

This is enough everyone, can we all call a truce

#18 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Hold on Simon - you sent me nasty mails and they were nothing like on here!

#19 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

Hi Sarah,

Could i ask where you got your two torts from.I noticed that you had asked on animal world for people coming to the uk,that you was willing to pay for some torts.
Do people not breed these torts over here without the hassle of them being imported from another country.

Regards,

Marvellous

#20 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

Do you have a cherry head marvellous :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users