Better?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Is it just me being a biased Mum, or is Norman looking healthier? When I got him he'd been kept in a viv and was showing the first signs of pyramiding. :(

Before: (Last Sept)

Posted Image

After: (Now his Mum has now spoilt him and given him the best of everything!)

Posted Image

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Much better Kelly. Norman's looking great! :)
Freddy :D

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

i agree normans looking great :)

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

He was underweight and dehydrated when I got him, passing gritty urates. They're lovely and soft and pasty now. Also a good sign I believe. It took a few months though to get all the bad stuff out of his system. :(

#5 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

He looks a picture of health & vitality, plus he is one loved & spoilt tort :D

passing gritty urates. They're lovely and soft and pasty now

I have no idea what Rufus' urates are like, how do you know? I don't ever see anything in his substrate except for black poo. Once or twice he has done what looked like a clear wee on the carpet :rolleyes: I do remember seeing white urates on his substrate, just once when we first got him. I am confused, is this good or bad?

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Norman normally poos and wees in the bath every morning when I give him his 20 minute soak and passes urates 2-3 times a week. It's just their way of expelling excess protein from their system. When I first got him he was really dehydrated and they were gritty..... They're now like toothpaste which shows humidity levels and his access to water is perfect.

Read this..... it'll tell you all you need to know. :)

http://www.tortoiset...icles/dehy.html

http://www.tortoiset...cles/drink.html

#7 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Norman looks great! :wub: He certainly has everything a little tort could wish for. :D

Paula x

#8 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

awww,Norman is looking great, he look's well cute! :wub:
Jaynex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users