- - - - -

Can we all call a truce please

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

Hi eveyone on the forum, lots of stuff has been going on recently and it's gotten outta hand. This has resulted in some being warned and removed I've been informed. Please can I start the ball rolling with a post for apologies only. Theres more to life than all this angst and fighting so please lets have a laugh, respect other peoples opinions and ideas. But of all lets get on, we're a long time dead people, so lets make the most of while we're alive. Joanne666, Nikki, Simon and Sarah it's over to you now. Webmaster please put back anyone that has been removed. Thanks Omare

#2 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

Omare,

Rules are in place to stop the kind on thing that has been happening on the forum over the past few days. Everyone that joins the forum will accept the rems & conditions and if they do not abide by them their account will be removed. I have copied the ruels below for your information:-

Forum Acceptable Use Policy

The site administrator reserves the right to change
the terms and conditions of the user agreement without
prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of
the user to regularly review the terms of this
agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms

1. All information that you provide to me for your membership is correct.
2. You will not use your membership to Spam, harass, or exploit other members in any way.
3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist, and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
4. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
5. No plugging of commercial web sites. E-mail addresses on forum postings or a web site listing on the LINKS page are permitted. Tortoise, sundries, enclosures and associated products (private sale) are restricted to the For Sale/Wanted Forum.
6. Postings are constructive and informative, used for relaying and sharing good advice and Q&A.
7. Do not use links to other websites on your signature, this will be removed by the forum admin.

The account/accounts that have been removed will not be welcomed back to the forum, end of story.

Regards

Hermann Webmaster

#3 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

Yeah I realise what your saying and it makes sense but we're all to blame here so if one goes then we should all go, it's only fair. I'm posting this so we can call a truce and hope that you will help with this by not being too hard on those that have been removed and let them re enter the site. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes things could return to how they were. Please don't let this get in the way of what was a peaceful forum. I am appealing to you as a person not a webmaster and hope you will reconsider your descision on letting anyone that was removed,join again. thanks Omare

#4 Guest_B E C K Y_*

Guest_B E C K Y_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

yup i totally agree! although i do believe that the people who haev been sent off for a reason and they should not be allowed bk - after all they agreed to the terms and conditions so why did they stick to thm - if they let these people bk, thn where do thy draw the line!? should eveyone get a second chance!? but i agree tht we need to bring this forum back to a pleasant one. people seem to be set out to argue each other instead of helping each other and putting people straight. some people have been told the wrong things and need to be told right - but lets not get angry with them!!

thnx omare!

#5 Guest_J London_*

Guest_J London_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

It was putting me off coming on here..... But it is the only tort forum for me.
Totally agree with everything said above.
Maybe a 3 strikes system? or yellow card then red your off.
Just my 2 pennys worth

#6 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:50 PM

Who was removed then Becky - I thought we were all still here just like you

#7 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

Omare,

Rules are in place to stop the kind on thing that has been happening on the forum over the past few days. Everyone that joins the forum will accept the rems & conditions and if they do not abide by them their account will be removed. I have copied the ruels below for your information:-

Forum Acceptable Use Policy

The site administrator reserves the right to change
the terms and conditions of the user agreement without
prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of
the user to regularly review the terms of this
agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms

1. All information that you provide to me for your membership is correct.
2. You will not use your membership to Spam, harass, or exploit other members in any way.
3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist, and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
4. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
5. No plugging of commercial web sites. E-mail addresses on forum postings or a web site listing on the LINKS page are permitted. Tortoise, sundries, enclosures and associated products (private sale) are restricted to the For Sale/Wanted Forum.
6. Postings are constructive and informative, used for relaying and sharing good advice and Q&A.
7. Do not use links to other websites on your signature, this will be removed by the forum admin.

The account/accounts that have been removed will not be welcomed back to the forum, end of story.

Regards

Hermann Webmaster

OK I hear ya, but can you answer me one thing please, rule no.3 states ....Vulgar, Abusive, Racist, and Sexist Language will not be tolerated. so why, when Joanne666 posted swear words, shes gets away with a warning and Simon gets removed for what exactly? Being himself and speaking out against vulgar language. This is confusing to me.

#8 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:57 PM

i totally agree with omare. I want to know why simon has been removed.

#9 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:52 PM

Oh I see now it wsa Simon that was removed well that serves him right for sending nasty personal mails with swear words in

#10 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

Oh sorry - you must be the webmaster - are you tortsmad webmaster too. It seems very different here.

#11 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:47 PM

Are you the webmaster omare? Not sure who anyone is here

#12 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

Omare is not the webmaster on this site and never will be, just to clear the air on that one...

Regards

Webmaster

#13 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

Who is the webmaster then please?

Marvellous

#14 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

Is that little dolly picture a sign of the webmaster not seen that before

#15 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

What dolly picture is that Nikki?

Marvellous

#16 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

If youlook at the post headings where peoples names are tortoisemad has a little dolly there

#17 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

hi there tortoise_mad

Are you;

Sam,

Daniella,

karen.....or

Phillip

Looking back into previous messages and user profiles you have signed your messages with four different names.

Regards

Marvellous

#18 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

Now I am really confused!! I think I shall go to bed and see if it has all been a dream in the morning!

#19 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

All,

Lets get this sorted once and for all, the forum webmaster is me. I have the little yellow icon next to my name, anyone claiming to be the admin / webmaster that does not have this icon is not who they say they are. I have attached the icon below so that you can see what it looks like.

Hermann Webmaster

#20 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Does that make you Philip then.Sorry,please dont think i am being difficult on purpose,Im not,its just that several names appeared to be used with tortoise_mad!It would be nice to know a name when you are replying to us,instead of calling you webmaster.

Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users