- - - - -

Can we all call a truce please

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-10-05 AT 12:03 PM (GMT)]Incidentally, I havent had a warning. I did not use foul language, I said 'arsed', not particularly the nicest of words, but not foul. Neither have I personally attacked anyone, especially not the way Simon did it.........it was out of order and uncalled for, thats why he was banned.
You may not like my attitude, or the way I type my posts, I dont 'dress it up' as others may like it to be, I talk straight, but I stand by the advice I give.

#22 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

Hi Jo,

I prefer straight answers to,best just come out with it rather than 'dress it up'.That way,we know where we stand with our torts,and i myself then take the advice seriously.If people know that you give straight advice then they will know how to accept it ;-)

Nikki

#23 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:03 PM

Nikki,

I am the only member with tortoise_mad and no i am not philip. I like to keep myself know as the webmaster for personal reason's.

I hope this is OK and answers your question

Regards

Webmaster

#24 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:43 PM

So you must be Andy then! Please tell me if I am up a gum tree again.

#25 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:44 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-10-05 AT 05:18 PM (GMT)]Nikki,

Andy is no longer part of this forum or site, i have taken over the role of forum admin / webmaster, due to reasons that i do not want to discuss on this forum i want to remain as site admin.

No other reason's, i do not need to give you or any other member on the site an explaination behind this, it is purely personal.

Regards

Webmaster

#26 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

That's fine but still does not explain who the other people are who are using your name and also having the dolly sign after it. They have names but different ones.

#27 Guest_Fordie_*

Guest_Fordie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

yeah, can't you just let then back in?, its all got abit out of hand with all this tortoise wars stuff, they are obviously just people who care alot about tortoises, and it means alot to them and they are getting fired up about things. Personally i just come in here and pick up useful tips on how to keep a hermanns tortoise and i have learned so much from so many people, only today i saw a posting on clipping beaks and trimming nails!, i didn't know you had to do that!, so i am learning all the time and hopefully my tortoise hasn't suffered as a result in the 6 months that i have had her, i feel alot more knowledgable as a result, but i do think that there are so many differences of opinion on certain things and as a result there are always going to be disagreements, but let them off with a warning and let them back in

#28 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

let who back in?

#29 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-10-05 AT 05:55 PM (GMT)]Nikki and Joanne666. Why should people be let off with a warning when they both so obviously swore. This site is read by young children and no matter how much you gloss over it the fact of the matter is that they used bad language. Even if you don't like what another member is saying, there really is no need for swearing. You aint never gonna agree with everyone, no matter how long you live. So sorry but I can't agree with you on giving them a warning.

#30 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

they have been removed

#31 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:47 AM

Fordie wants them brought back.

#32 Guest_Fordie_*

Guest_Fordie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:55 AM

I just think its abit harsh thats all. You say young kids read this forum, how young?, i'd have thought really young kids can't read!, and then as they get abit older they probably start off with books with pictures in etc rather than logging onto tortoise forums? but hey i could be wrong. I'd reckon that if they were old enough to be in here and reading stuff then they should be old enough to cope with reading a swear word and that it won't psychological damage them in anyway, perhaps if there are any kids in here who want to complain because they are genuinely offended then i will take it all back, but i think you are going abit over the top on about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users