• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 simontill78

simontill78

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi I've just joined this forum and would like to say i have got some great info from various topics.

My partner and I are looking to get a Hermann Tortoise and was wondering if anyone new of any breeders in Scotland preferbaly within couple hours of Glasgow.

We have found the setup that we are going to purchase, this is a 4ft tort table with soil/sand substrate, not 100% sure yet on light setup (need to do more research)

We've seen a few places selling them in Glasgow but one place said you need a heat mat and the other place recommended a viv to keep them in, after reading on various forums/website i realised that neither is good for a tortoise so would prefer to buy direct from breeder.

Thanks

Simon

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

hi simon welcome to the forum :) bruce lives in scotland he sells hermanns not sure how far he is from you ill pm you his email :)

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

I can't help with a Scottish bred tort, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. You obviously know what you are doing :)

#4 simontill78

simontill78

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

hi simon welcome to the forum :) bruce lives in scotland he sells hermanns not sure how far he is from you ill pm you his email :)

Thanks for that ;-) I've just seen you PM. I'll send him an email.

I can't help with a Scottish bred tort, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. You obviously know what you are doing :)

Thanks ;-) Yeah want to give our tortoise when we get it the best possible chance to have a very healthy lifestyle so been doing a lot of research over last couple of weeks, found some great sites/forums for good info but also found ones that give rubbish info.

#5 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

You won't go wrong with Bruce's torts, they are happy and healthy and can be highly recommended. :)

Paula x

#6 simontill78

simontill78

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

You won't go wrong with Bruce's torts, they are happy and healthy and can be highly recommended. :)

Paula x

Hi,

Yeah was really helpful. Just a shame he lives over 5hours from Glasgow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users