Photo

Need Help Please

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Don't worry Steve, Every single one of us that post on this forum have been the victims of bad advice somewhere long the line in our first days of tort keeping. :rolleyes: It's sad that pet shops offer such a poor, poor service for the most part. The fact that Doris nibbled a buttercup is very positive step, she felt like eating, so don't worry about it too much.

From what I have gleaned already, I think you are best ignoring any advice you previously received from the reptile 'expert', like keep torts in a viv and feed them buttercups, instead join our gang on here. You are unlikely to get any wrong advice and if you do, the other members will immediately contradict the post, so blink and you will miss the wrong advice.

We all think the two of you are marvellous for taking on Doris in such a sorry state and are happy to give you all the support you need, we are all routing for little Doris too. As I said before, her luck changed when she found you two. :)

#42 stevemel

stevemel

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

hi guys MASSIVE news doris walked around her nasty viv today and ate a full dandelion all on her own, looks like she is rapidly improving, just wanted to say a big thank you for all you kind words and help, a bigbig big thankyou love Steve+ Mel and of course Doris
once she is fully im planning on building her a tortoise table, so that will help her too

:wub:

#43 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

hi steve and mel thats good to hear keep us posted on doris :)

#44 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Go Doris go!!! Posted Image

#45 stevemel

stevemel

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

hi guys, got some sad news doris died today, some time in the evening she unfortunately gave up, so as you can imagine there is lots of tears here, we are going to get a new one but it wont be doris. for what little time we had with her we loved her lotts and she was a character, sorry guys

#46 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this about Doris. I thought she had picked up. It seems she was a little fighter to the end. She will never be forgotten. Thinking of you at this sad time. Take care
Freddy :(

#47 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I am soo so sorry Steve & Mel. At least she was well looked after in her last few days, she just didn't find you soon enough. :( I know you will make great tort parents.

#48 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

hi steve and mel im so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you at this sad time :(

#49 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Awwww, :( So sorry to read the sad news about Doris. :wub:
Such a shame.

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic