• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Durb

Durb

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi guy's. I took my tort to the vets for worming on wed. I have bathed her today, she went to the toilet while she was in there. I pickex her up after she'd done her bit and there was a little pink bit sticking out of her tail. This has now gone back in. Is this the norm??

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

It looks like your female may well be male!!! ;) Males sometimes 'flash' their bits. How old is your tortoise?
Can you post some pics of his/her underside showing the tail area?

That way we may be able to confirm it for sure for you. :)

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

im thinking the same as kelly pics would help :)

#4 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hi Durb,

How old is your little girl? I have read of females flashing their 'bits' too.

Paula x

#5 Durb

Durb

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hey guys my little warrior is 3 yrs old. i read in a book that if the shell is flat on the bottom which it looks to me then my tort could be female also read up on the shape of the tail. was very unsure at first :shrug: but thought was a female even tho the shop i got my tort from said it was male. will wake my little one up shortly as she/he is napping but the :sun: has just come out here and were off outside.will take some pics and post them for all to see. Hopefully u can all help me determine the sex. Will get the pics into the gallery today...

#6 Durb

Durb

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hey all the pics have been uploaded into the gallery title header Male or female??? allhelp gratfully appriciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users