• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maria

Maria

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Im going to get some stuff to spruce up the enclosure. Could anyone recommend a few plants that I can put in and are edible for the boys?

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi Maria,
I am not very experienced when it comes to plants for indoor enclosures. Hopefully there will be others along shortly to offer you more helpful advice. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

hi you can put in aloe vera or spider plants :) mine did,nt last 2 min but mine are adults and greedy you might have more luck :)

#4 Hettie

Hettie

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Torts of course! :-)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi Maria,

I agree with Oz, mine didn't last 5 mins! If you do buy anything like pansies from the garden centre please 'weather' them outside for a few weeks before offering just in case they have been sprayed. They are also grown in really rich potting compost and so I usually transplant anything from the garden centre into plain old topsoil to grow on.
Have a look at the edible section there will be some ideas there if you fancy the challenge of beating those greedy little shelled guys and the heatbulb :)

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users