3 replies to this topic

#1 may

may

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

hi

i was wondering if you could help me. i dont know if my 2 year old tort is a boy or a girl. :hmm:

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Take some pictures of them from underneath and we may be able to help you. :)

You'll need to upload your pictures to photobucket first and then copy and paste the IMG code into your posts for us to see your pictures. x

#3 may

may

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

ok i will do that tomorrow

bye :thumbup:

#4 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi May,
It can be hard to sex very young tortoises. Sometimes if we know a torts incubation temps this can give us an idea. Otherwise, your tort may still be a little young to tell. Usually sex is determined by a number of factors including tail size, shell shape and certain behaviors. However, It may take a few more years of growth before we finally know if your tort is male or female. In the meantime do post some pics and some of us will try to make an educated guess. Hope this helps. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users