What Species..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_muel1991_*

Guest_muel1991_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi, just joined the forum as i am wondering what type of tortoises we have.. I think they're hermanns but not sure what subspecies?!
The picture is of our 6 year olds, the bigger one on the left is our female, and on the right is our male.

Many Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

If you take some pictures of their plastron and a rear shot, we may be able to help. x

#3 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi, just joined the forum as i am wondering what type of tortoises we have.. I think they're hermanns but not sure what subspecies?!
The picture is of our 6 year olds, the bigger one on the left is our female, and on the right is our male.

Many Thanks!

If they are hermanns, it will say so on their certificates, but not the subspecies, so as Kelly has said, clear pics will help. Have a look on the papers for country of origin, that might help too ;)

#4 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Oops I don't know happened to your account muel1991, we have had a lot of spammers joining lately, assuming you didn't delete your account, you must have got caught in the aftermath. Please re-join. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users