Photo
- - - - -

What Is Tilly Guarenteed To Love To Eat?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hiya

Tilly is settling in lovely but not taken with these dandilions!! Tried her with campanula, chick weed, geranium flowers but she picking at food! I need to get her to eat a decent meal as i have been trying to get her worming meds in, but she just trailing it round table!! Any ideas? Cucumber? Grape?

#2 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

As a one off to try and get the meds down her you could try cucumber and or strawberry, I believe they are like sweets to a kid, not very nutritious but they are supposed to love them, :)

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Yep.... cucumber's always a good bet. They can smell it before they see it!! Norman loves the red radicchio that you get in florette crispy salad too. If I ever offer either as a treat he actually runs over for them!!

#4 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Oh yes, Rufus loves Radicchio too, we daren't buy a bagged salad for ourselves that does not have this in, so Rufus can have a bit. :) It's a lot healthier than strawberries too. ;)

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

LOL. I do the same..... gone are the days when we used to have the sweet and crispy salad mix with the carrot in..... It's Italian mixes and Florette crispy all the time now!!! :rofl:

#6 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Cucumber didnt go down too good!! Chopped into lil bits but she only took one bit grrrr getting worried n fustrated now, phaps should give up on meds til get her eating! Goin to phn supplier n find exactly what they fed her n replicate that n faze it out n bring in weeds gradually, she active tho,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users