Throwing In The Towel.... I Think!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

This is the first year my creep of torts will be hibernating 'au natural' in Tort Lodge. I have been battling to keep Boy Pebble above ground since August and 'lived in a viv' Georgia hasn't been far behind him.

Last weekend I managed to bath and weigh them all and the buried two went straight back to their underground beds!!! The other four haven't eaten much at all and yesterday and today they haven't moved. Ideally I would have liked them to stay with me for another three weeks but I think I have lost my battle to their instincts... X x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

You will miss them Stella, but you can't fight nature. :shrug: Here's hoping we have a torting good summer next year :sun:

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I might get some housework done now!!!:-))) x x hugs x.

#4 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Stella
I bet your missing them already,take care
Jaynex

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi Stella,
My adult Hermann 'Billiejo' has also succumbed to the natural instinct of hibernation. She is in the middle of a 4 week wind-down at the moment and will be going in to her hibernation box soon. Best of luck with your gang. ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

#6 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I checked them today and only Martha has come out of the lodge. Bubble, Peta and Martha's friend havent dug in but are half down and haven't moved for some time. I think I might get my family tree out to research..... What with part time work and no torts to keep me occupied I could find some hobbies x. X hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users