• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi all, tillys not eating much at mo, she's shedding her skin a bit too, she's still active tho and comes to say hello when i talk to her, yest she even climbed on my hand when i put it in!! I havent seen her poo this week either! Should i be worried? Being a tortie mommy is much more stressful than i expected, i dont want her to hybernate this yr as only had her 2 months and she had those worms when i got her x lights on a good 12 hrs a day, and moved her into dinning room from conservatory!

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi Jessy,
It is important that you keep temps up if you are to stop 'Tilly' from going into hibernation mode. Tortoises usually slow down a little and eat less this time of year. If she has recently been treated for worms it may take a little while for her appetite to fully return. Skin shedding is normal. Do not pull off any of the loose skin as this may cause infection. As long as she is active and eating, everything should be fine. Hope this helps. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Well found some dandelions with big yellow flowers on at work so bought them home, washed them and they have now been devoured, aparently horsefields slow right down now, in the wild hybernate oct-mar so not worrying now as long as she having a nibble n tootling around x thanks for the advice its always good x she's 7cm and weighing 100g so she good overall x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users