#1 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hello
my torts H,Becky and Humpty hibernate outside in there house,i'm now nearly at the end of the second week,third week starts sunday of wind down and this morning Humpty had dug right down but Becky and H have not, i fetched them out and gave them a bath but i have felt so guilty today about getting humpty up she looked so peaceful,if she has dug down again should i leave her to carry on and just turn the lights off and then H and Becky would dig down,they have not pooed in there bath today and i have done weight check on them all just in case,i have left there tubular heater on for tonight and there lights are set to come on for only a few hours in the morning,any advice appreciated.
Jaynex

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hi Jayne,
It is important that they have cleared their gut before hibernation. I would try to keep them going for at least another week and continue their warm baths as this will help them to empty themselves. After that I would allow them to dig down if they so wish to begin their hibernation. Hope this helps. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users