More Sad News

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

My old Staffy/Bullmastiff cross has now gone blind in her second eye. :(
All my pets seem to have aged together. First my old 17 year old cat, Robbie, who I had to have put down last month.... and now Ellie.
I'm hoping she'll be able to adapt to it over the next few weeks. The vet has given her something to help her to feel less anxious while she makes the transition. He says some dogs adapt.... and some struggle. Unfortunatley there's no magic pill or operation that can put her right. I've just got to keep my fingers crossed for her. :fingers_crossed: I just hope she'll be O.K. :unsure2:

Here she is in her prime. x
Posted Image

#2 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

awww Kelly,she's a gorgeous dog,i hope she copes well in adapting,keeping fingers crossed for her,give her a big hug from me.
Jaynex

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

So sorry Kelly, pets we love 'em to bits, but they do break our hearts.

#4 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Aww Kelly, :( I'm so sorry to hear this about Ellie. I hope she is able to cope and it doesn't affect her quality of life too much. But she is in the best care with you.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#5 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

sorry to hear this kelly you,ve not had it easy this year, best of luck with ellie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users