2 replies to this topic

#1 Pennytort

Pennytort

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi all

Puzzle and Jigsaw are at the end of week 1. Puzzle who appeared to lose 19 grams in a week, seems to have put on some of the weight he lost.

They are still fairly active, but spending a little longer resting. Turned down temps to 28 deg today, and I have ordered a second hygrometer with alarm, just to be safe. Thanks Kelly for posting your pics, I wouldn't have done that otherwise.

I found a poo today in their enclosure, but they haven't done a poo in the bath. I feel so bad not feeding them! It's much harder than I thought it would be.
Anne

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi Anne,
Glad to hear that things are going well with wind-down so far and Puzzle is not down 19 grammes like we thought. That is encouraging news.
First time hibernations' are always the hardest. But once you get through this one it will get easier. Jigsaw and Puzzle have many more winter sleeps ahead. So, try not to worry too much or get too stressed . I know this is easier said than done lol! You have only a fortnight to go before you pop them in the fridge. After that you will deserve a good stiff drink lol! Take care Anne and best of luck!
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Pennytort

Pennytort

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks Freddy, I will probably have a few more grey hairs as well!

Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users