• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Squirt

Squirt

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi, we have a 2year year Hermann who has over the last 2weeks lost about 6 Grams in weight from 87g to 81g. And has not had a poo. Even with regular baths every other day, we have not seen her drink in the bath, previous she has always left a present in the bath for us, but not for the week. she has been eating little bits but not like she use....She is still very active /bright and very nosey .

She is in the bath for about 15 -20 mins till the water is chilly. Do we refresh the water and put her back in for another little soak.

I have read up on some other posts put up by fellow members, saying of a similar problems.
We not sure if the previous owners wormed her or not..

Any thoughts or advice would be great.
Many thanks

#2 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi i had tilly beginning of sept, she hardly ate when had her for 2 weeks she had worms, i was given beaphar for her by my supplier, i think now she was wild caught as she's a horsfield, its available in lots of petshops, i've done her each month since and she's putting weight on now, however she has slowed right down, and doesnt eat everyday, and sleeps lots, but we're not hibernating because of above, and she's still new to us, so we got long winter ahead trying to keep her awake. Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users