Fridge

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 den2908

den2908

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My loves in life are my family, animals, art, and running.
    Owner of Nick the cat and two hermanns, Daphne and Mabel.

Denise
    x

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi,
Just thought id do an update. New fridge arrived on Monday and already has stable temps of between 4 and 5 degrees. Hurray! :)
Old fridge is going to a charity which accepts white goods.
I started Daph and Mabel on their wind down and they are in their second week now. First week was pretty tough; lots of sad and pleading looks. They lost about 5g each in the first week but this seems to be slowing down as they become less active. Today they are on 10 hours at between 25-28 degrees and this will be reduced to 5 hours by next Monday. Then lights off for a week and gradually dropping temps before they go in the fridge. I am recording their weights each week so that I can keep a close eye on their progress.
Everything now going to plan. :) phew!!
Denise

#22 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thank goodness for that! :phew: I bet you were getting stressed out because of the old fridge.... at least you'll have piece of mind now. ;)

It's good to hear that all is going to plan. :) Norman's nicely settled in the fridge now.... it'll be his first weigh in on Saturday, after his first week of his first hibernation. :wub: I've been checking on him about 3 or 4 times a day! Talk about neurotic Mum, eh? :rofl:

#23 den2908

den2908

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Denise
    x

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Oh Kelly, Thats sweet that you're checking on him that often.:) I shall be just the same. Am glad all is good with Norman, bet he's having a lovely snooze.zzzzz
Yes, the fridge problem really did stress me out and i am SO relieved now its all sorted.
My girls were so funny the first week...their usual routine is bath then back in their table to have their dinner but of course they have been on wind down ..so no food. For the first week everytime i bathed them and then put them back they would stomp around (rather crossly, it seems) looking for their dinner, occasionally staring up at me as if to say " you silly woman, youve forgotten the food!!" Stomp stomp stomp...poor things.:)

Denise

#24 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

thats great denise you got there in the end :)

#25 den2908

den2908

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Denise
    x

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi Karen, yes, in the end its all worked out.....thank goodness!:)

Just wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone on this forum that helped, particularly Kelly, Karen and Graham. This forum is so helpful and friendly.
Denise
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users