New Version Of The Forum

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

We have upgraded the forum to the latest one and there may also be another new one on it's way soon :) . Upgrading a forum makes it more secure and often adds new features. With the latest version we appear to have a warning status in our profiles. It is a feature of many forums, we do not envisage any situation where it will be used on the Hermann Tortoise Forum.

#2 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi, Chrissyan,
Does the warning status only appear to the user? The reason I ask is that I noticed I am the only member with this status showing, and was getting a bit paranoid about it.
Thanks,

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Not as far as I am aware Graham, but having administration rights, makes it difficult for me to check. I can see yours and my own, it's nothing to bother about anyway ;)

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi, Chrissyan
Thank you for your reply; no problem, I was just a bit concerned as to why this status suddenly appeared. Now that you've explained the new format, I'm perfectly ok with it.
I'm a sensitive soul LOL!

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I thought like you Graham and wondered why I needed a 'warning' count. I have just managed to see the 'full version' of the forum on my mobile phone.... I pressed the bit where it said 'full version' and suddenly everything was very different. I like the forum changes....x x x hugs x x

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Glad you like the changes. :) There are a few gremlins to iron out still.... but we are aware of them. Bear with us.... all will be done soon. :thumbup:

#7 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

The forum has just been upgraded to the latest version, you may notice some changes.  If you spot any gremlins, please let us know.  :rolleyes:

#8 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Guys!
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users