• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi, Everyone,
Now that hibernation time is upon us, I'd like to share an idea I had.
We all worry a bit about the temperatures going outside the ideal parameters, so most of us have thermometers with built-in alarms. My concern was that if critical temperatures were reached in the middle of the night, I wouldn't hear it go off. I know there are wireless thermometers available, but the ones I've seen aren't particularly good at sending/receiving a signal.
A quick trip to Argos cured this, though, I picked up a Baby Monitor (under £30), put the child unit next to the thermometer, and the parent unit in my bedroom. Now if the alarm goes off, the monitor is set loud enough to wake me up and act on it.
A cheap and effortless method that has really helped put my mind at rest, and, in the event of a potential disaster, could save a tort's life.

#2 den2908

den2908

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My loves in life are my family, animals, art, and running.
    Owner of Nick the cat and two hermanns, Daphne and Mabel.

Denise
    x

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Great idea Graham.:)

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I agree. Great idea, Graham. :) Thanks for sharing! ;)
Kind Regards
Freddy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users