• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 TortoiseJay

TortoiseJay

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

That would do fine, but as mentioned before, you do not need the dimmer, in fact that could be half the problem. You need lots of bright light, not dimmed light, even a little.

Brilliant thanks but how would i control temp of the bulb for basking spot as it is currently clamped to the side of the tort table? I'm using the dimmerstat to control the temp of the basking spot.

Thanks again Sue!

Jay

#42 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

The lamp has to be raised or lowered to control the basking spot and if there is enough room the tortoise will move in and out of it anyway to suit himself.You do need to attach something that enables you to raise the spot though, clamping to the side of the table may be too close.

#43 TortoiseJay

TortoiseJay

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Okay thanks I've ordered the following from surrey pet supplies and I'm going to sell the old gear:

Arcadia Electronic T5 Controller 24-39W

Arcadia T5 D3+ Reptile Lamp 24W 22in

Arcadia T5 Reflector 22 inch 24W

So hopefully now everything will be perfect for next week, he should be more lively haha, thanks guys :D

#44 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

The T5 D3's are brilliant. Many keepers recomment them. Excellent choice. :thumbup:

#45 TortoiseJay

TortoiseJay

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Finally glad I've got everything sorted I ordered it last night at 12 ish so when do you think I will recieve it from Surrey pet supplies they are sending it with inter link courier!?

Thanks guys!

Jay

#46 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Probably tomorrow, if you ordered in the evening. x

#47 TortoiseJay

TortoiseJay

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi guys I'm getting a bit worried now all the lamps came on at 7:30 I thought I wouldn't wake him to see if he gets up, he would come out of his hide but he was awake and he won't eat really, he has lost about a gram since I got him, any ideas? I've just pulled him out his hide and he's under te heat lamp now. :( help?

Thanks Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users